POLICE Magazine Police Magazine is a law enforcement magazine and website containing articles, news, police product reviews and an active online forum discussing news that affects police officers. It is written for cops, by cops, with news and information that is important to cops: how to stay safe and protect our communities, how to be a more effective officer, how to advance a law enforcement career.
- Digital Media Forensics & Vehicle-Related Officer Involved Shootings: Critical Incident Scene Reconstructionon August 1, 2021 at 8:00 am
When a critical incident occurs, most law enforcement agencies do not have the resources, staff, and training to perform in-depth analysis on the digital evidence associated with each case. And yet, these pieces of digital evidence can end up in the media to be tried by the court of public opinion.
- License Plate Readers: From Proven Uses to Innovative Deploymentson August 1, 2021 at 8:00 am
Are license plate readers as powerful as the hype youâ€™re hearing? Download the E-book, License Plate Readers: From Proven Uses to Innovative Deployments, to learn about the real-life best practices and creative deployments implemented by agencies who now build complete missions around the capabilities of 21st-century LPR technology.
- TX Officer Shot in Head During Standoff That Killed SWAT Commander Leaves Rehabby Staff on July 30, 2021 at 9:52 pm
Omar Soto-Chavira, 22,Â allegedly fired multiple times at officers during the July 15 standoff, killing Lubbock County sheriff's Sgt. Josh Bartlett and wounding Sgt. Shawn Wilson.Â
- Veteran LAPD Officer Says Progressive Laws Have Made Crime Payby Staff on July 30, 2021 at 9:30 pm
"Crime does pay right now across this country. Criminals know that they have the green light to pretty much do what they want to do because we're in an era where we coddle criminals instead of holding them accountable," Deon Joseph said Wednesday."Â
- NV Trooper Dies 2 Days After Being Struck by Vehicle During Pursuitby Staff on July 30, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Trooper Micah May was hit by a car that was being chased on Interstate 15 in Las Vegas by other NHP troopers. The driver reportedly stole the car before leading officers on a chase that covered about 20 miles.