POLICE Magazine Police Magazine is a law enforcement magazine and website containing articles, news, police product reviews and an active online forum discussing news that affects police officers. It is written for cops, by cops, with news and information that is important to cops: how to stay safe and protect our communities, how to be a more effective officer, how to advance a law enforcement career.
- Lawmakers Want to Award Capitol Officer Congressional Medal for Diverting Mobby Staff on January 15, 2021 at 11:03 pm
Reps. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.), Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.) and Charlie Crist (D-Fla.) introduced the measure, saying Goodman deserves Congress’ highest civilian honor after he was captured in photos and videos leading rioters away from the entrance to the Senate chamber.
- L.A. Prosecutors Try to Drop Special Enhancements for Accused Cop Killers, Judges Reject Requestsby Staff on January 15, 2021 at 10:56 pm
Superior Court Judge Hayden Zacky ruled that it was “not in the interest of justice'' to dismiss the special circumstance allegations of murder of a peace officer in the performance of his duties and murder to avoid or prevent a lawful arrest, along with gun allegations, against Kenneth Earl Gay, now 63, in connection with the June 2, 1983, slaying of Officer Paul Verna.
- Fired MS Officer Arrested in Florida with Badges and Ammo Taken from Former Agencyby Staff on January 15, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Deputies said they located a loaded gun in the man's pocket and inside the Tahoe they found a backpack containing a large amount of counterfeit cash, brass knuckles and two clown masks. They also found badges, a helmet, a Mississippi State Police Department ID card and a Pearl River Sheriff’s Office key card, records show.
- MN Woman Donates $10,000 Each to Her Local Police and Fire Departmentsby Staff on January 15, 2021 at 9:21 pm
Longtime La Crescent resident, Mrs. Dahlen, surprised the departments by donating $20,000 during the city council meeting on Monday night. $10,000 for the police department and another $10,000 for the fire department.
- FBI Arrests Arkansas Man Over Beating of DC Officer with Flagpole During Capitol Riotby Staff on January 15, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Authorities said Peter Francis Stager was seen in videos of the riot holding an American flag on a pole, then using that pole as a weapon to strike the officer who was working to secure the building.